Wednesday, August 29, 2007

The Thorn at the Garden Party

Even though I took a long break from blogging, I haven't been completely oblivious to the world of social media for the last year. I have accounts at Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and Digg, among others. It's actually been very entertaining and I have met a lot of people through these channels. You almost can't help not only interacting with your personal friends, but friends of friends and their friends and people that are nobody's friend. Through these interactions, I saw more clearly part of why I stopped blogging last year. There are people with whom we interact that are constantly complaining about something. There are also a subset of that group that are just plain angry. I, personally, don't enjoy interacting with the negative types. At about this same time last year, I was becoming the thorn at the garden party and I wasn't enjoying it.

That condition didn't last, as I knew it wouldn't. I have always thought that your luck evens out over time. You win some. You lose some. I just didn't want to blog about it.

No comments: