Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The 10 for 30 Challenge on Flickr


Last Sunday, a fellow Twitterer, @AnnOhio posted the 10 for 30 Challenge on her blog. The 10 for 30 Challenge entails taking 10 photos during your day every day for 30 days and then uploading them to a group in Flickr. I remembered reading an article about Amazon.com founder Jeff Bezos a few years ago in which he mentioned that he made an effort to take one picture every day. (I think the reason why it stuck in my head is that one picture that he took was of the bird droppings on his pants that he acquired while sitting through an outdoor wedding.) I actually tried to take one picture a day back then, but it didn’t last very long. I didn’t have a camera in my phone then and was admittedly lazy about hooking my camera up to my computer for one picture per day.

Things are different now. I have a trusty iPhone with which to take pictures and post them almost immediately to my flickr account. (I love technology!) In addition, as there is a group of people doing this, I will be less likely to fall off the bus. I think it’s a great idea and have joined the 10 for 30 group on flickr.

So far, there are 36 members of this group and the pictures have been a very cool view into the lives of others. Thanks for the idea, Ann and thanks for setting up the group @banannie7. I look forward to the next month of pictures.

No comments: