Sunday, September 09, 2007

Compromised Credit Card

Once again we need to change our credit card number because some store's database has been compromised. This is the third time in four years that this has happened, but only the first time they've told us which company to thank for their crappy database security. There has been no nefarious activity on our account specifically in any of these instances. It is a royal pain though and the timing is always bad.

At least this time, the credit card company is allowing me to decide when to switch over my card to the new number. Historically, they have just shut down the old number and issued a new one regardless of my whereabouts or the timing of my automatic bill payments. We've had our credit card numbers killed while we were out of town more than once. I'm just grateful that they let us finish out our last trip before rendering our number useless. Time to memorize a new number again.

No comments: