Saturday, September 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Sam!

Friday was our dog Sam's fourth birthday. She's a black and tan miniature dachshund and she's ALL personality. We met her at her breeder's farm in New Hampshire when she was two weeks old. Her eyes hadn't quite opened yet when we met her. We were trying to decide between her and her sister who looked exactly like her (at two weeks, you can imagine). My husband and I kept passing the two puppies between us, trying to see if there was any discernible difference between them. Suddenly, while my husband was holding Sam, she stuck her little tongue out and he got a mini-lick. Decision made and sealed in stone (or more like “sealed with the peach-colored collar that her breeder gave her to identify her as our puppy.”) Never mind the fact that I am totally allergic to dogs and break out in hives when I am licked by one, we got ourselves a kisser! She came home with us when she was eight weeks old and a whopping two and a half pounds. Now she's four years old and has grown to 11 pounds. She's a lover through and through, though her bark would lead you to believe otherwise. She fits perfectly underneath the seat in front of me on 737s and she seems to make friends everywhere she goes. She's a great friend and pup. We really love her. I don't know what happened to her sister. I do hope she went to a loving home. I hope Sam really enjoyed her birthday and that wherever her sister is, that she had a great birthday too. Sam slept like a rock last night, so I'm thinking she did.

Pictures from part of her day can be viewed at Flickr.

1 comment:

Carrie Ann said...

I love those goggles!!!! She is so cute. Sorry we missed her birthday - I am a rotten auntie =(