Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Necessary Apple Post

Well, as most people who would be reading this post know, Steve Jobs made his appearance this afternoon and made yet another introduction of new Apple products. I won't re-hash the line as most everyone who is reading this post is probably well aware of the new features of the iPods and iMac. He also announced the canning of the 4GB iPhone and the reduction in price of the 8 GB iPhone from $599 to $399. If you purchased an 8 GB iPhone within the last 2 weeks, you can receive a refund of the difference in price. If you bought it on the day it was released, like we did, you get squat.

One could say that a $200 price drop from the end of June to today - or two weeks ago (thanks to the refunds) - seems like a big price drop in a short period of time. I bought two iPhones, so that's an additional $400 that could be in my pocket now if I'd waited not quite two months. Frankly, I'm OK with that. I wouldn't have bought them if I didn't think they were worth it at the time. We used our phones immediately and they were a great resource during our travels over the summer. I don't regret the purchase or the timing. We love our iPhones.

I do have a sick hope that I'll find a couple of old Shuffles in the mail one day soon though.

No comments: