Tuesday, January 08, 2008

David Lynch & Movies on Your Phone



Hmmm. How do you really feel, David? Found this clip to be very amusing, mostly for its honesty. I see his point though.

As an artist, it has to seem like people who watch his films on an iPhone are getting a lesser version of the fruits of his labor. There's a big difference between viewing an original painting and viewing a poster print of it. There are films that I know that I need to see at a theater to fully appreciate. That being said, there are some movies that can be watched on an iPhone without a lot being lost because of the medium. You know those movies - you can probably name a lot of them (and the ones that come to my mind first seem to all involve Ben Stiller or Vince Vaughn. tee hee)

My two cents on this? To each his own. It's good to have choices... and we're all entitled to our opinion.

No comments: