My 2008 Bucket List - in no specific order:
- Meet more of my online friends in person (I've missed every single opportunity to meet folks in Boston in 2007 because of previous obligations and travel. That's sad.)
- Reconnect with old friends in ways more significant than exchanging holiday cards.
- Successfully finalize two transactions that are slated for completion this year.
- Give away or dispose of most things in our home that haven't seen activity in the last year. I want to de-clutter our home and try to be more minimalist in our approach.
- Learn enough Mandarin Chinese to survive my time alone in Beijing in March without too much pain and refresh my conversational Japanese skills so as to run around in Tokyo as happily as I did in 2006.
- Spend more time with my 3 year-old nephew in Chicago.
- Finally organize all of the papers floating around my den (ok, they're not floating. They're sitting around everywhere just loafing!)
- Plan an amazing vacation for my husband and me to take in August.
- Be nicer to others. There's always room for more of that.
- Cook healthier meals for us at home. I cook a lot of super-unhealthy foods for our enjoyment, which is fine and good, except that I do that a lot. I can't cook spinach without heavy cream, butter, garlic & cheese. I really should learn to cook things that clog the arteries less.
Photo via dirtyfeet at flickr.