Monday, March 24, 2008

For the Love of Your Dog

Our dog, Samantha, has been in Chicago since mid-February vacationing with my in-laws. Truly, she is only there as we were out of town for several weeks and clearly could not take her with us. I was going to pick her up this last weekend while we celebrated Easter with our family there, but as a result of our brains misfiring simultaneously, we didn't get around to looking for plane tickets back to Chicago until the price of one ticket exceeded what I normally would pay for three. Ugh. So - as a result, Sam's still in Chicago - and had a wonderful Easter luncheon at my aunt and uncle's house with both my side of the family and my husband's parents. Though nobody is pressuring us to pick her up - we do miss her a lot.

I came across this video yesterday and it definitely brought a smile to my face. Though the dog in the video, Jerry, is no longer around for his owner, it's obvious that during his time here, he was very much loved. It took two years for his owner to complete the machine in this video. It's awesome. Sam would love one of these contraptions! Jerry was a lucky dog.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Very funny, yes, a lucky dog! What a great idea! Probably kept the pup in great shape, chasing all day :)

Sprite said...

Aw, I'm so sorry your brain took a mini vacation, causing delay in picking up Sam. I know how much I'd hate to be away from my kids for that amount of time. Galen & Izzy would def. do the happy dance over the automatic ball throwing machine. How a lucky boy Jerry was.

Hope you are well, hon. *hugs*