Friday, December 26, 2008

A Tale of Two Snowmen

Behold! Ice Cream Snowmen meant for dessert! Each one of us gets our own ice cream snowman in our favorite flavor. Last year’s Christmas snowman looks healthy and quite appetizing. This year’s snowman… is pretty pathetic looking. I still ate him – and he still tasted very good – but he clearly had had a tough go of it - like the rest of us in the past year. Guess the fate of the snowmen is just a sign of the times. This year, my mother has had a lot on her mind besides the holidays. She neglected to move the snowmen inside the house and into her freezer in a timely manner. We all had quite a good laugh at the poor snowmen’s expense.

She’s not the only person whose mind was somewhere else though. Even though our dinner was exceptionally good, I failed to photograph any of it before the family had parceled it all out. I have photos of half-full platters of food (or less in many cases). I didn’t even get a good photo of the standing rib roast. I am happy to report though, that everyone enjoyed the meal and that my entire family was able to make it. In the end, that’s all that really matters. Hoping for better looking snowmen in our future!

I hope you all have a wonderful holiday season and a great 2009!

1 comment:

Sprite said...

Is it any wonder your mom forgot with all that's been going on? It is kinda cute/funny, though. Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and much love & blessings for a joyous, healthy & happy 2009. *hugs*